Friday, September 21, 2012

I Fell for Fall.

September 21st.  The first day of fall.  Ahh FALL.  Big sweaters, cozy scarves, apple cider, my famous Guinness stew.  So much to look forward to!  Before I realized TODAY was the first day of fall, I came across this tree while driving to work on Wednesday!  It's as obvious as Waldo... lol... Can you spot the red tree?  It's amazing how quickly the leaves change!  I drive the same route to work everyday, and I swear that tree was NOT red yesterday! :) 


As a kid, I was none to pleased to see the leaves changing colour.  It meant "back to school", and I had to start wearing a coat. As I got older I traded in my gripe with coats for socks!  Which yes, happens to co-inside with leaves changing colour. For REAL, the only thing I don't like about the cold weather creeping up on me, is that I have to start wearing socks.  Sooner rather than later probably around mid October, preferably the end of November...LOL, the flats and flop's flip into retirement.  The sweaters and the scarves makes a come back, like bad 80's hair.   You would think that after 31 September 21st's, I would embrace the change in season.  I think I've always frowned upon Fall because as a Canuck....I am all too aware of just what's around the corner..... 

I'm not going to think about what's around the corner this year! "A man is what he thinks about all day long" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.  Having said that I refuse, from September to December to be cold, bitter and grey!  :) 

It's a beauty of a day today!  Mid 70's, cool breeze, with bursts of sunshine, a perfect fall day!  I'm happy to report, on Semptember 21st, 2012 I fell for fall!   Happy First day of Fall y'all!  Let a smile be your style this season!  Enjoy your cozy's! Thanks for reading :) 

Happy Day! 
Lisa Guac xo

No comments:

Post a Comment