Thursday, September 20, 2012

P.S. I heart snail mail

This week, I had the WORST Monday on record in a long time.  No reason really...just a bad day!  I stubbed my toe getting ready for work. I broke my coffee mug putting it in the sink.  I was all dressed up, and got toothpaste on my shirt.  I got to worked and spilt some coffee on my keyboard...not much, just enough to piss me off.  I backed up into a sign, while parking at the grocery store.   I couldn't find my debit card to pay for my groceries.  Bad day right?  I probably should have just gone back to bed after the toe incident...  So, little miss pissy pants (moi) was pleasantly surprised to see some snail mail on my counter when I got home. I LOVE MAIL (real mail...personal mail!) Probably because the only mail I get is bills.... only if I'm not electronically billed of course!   No new babies, engagements, or weddings prompting an event I would expect to be invited to, so I knew (assumed) it had to be good!   Funny, as soon as I see mail, I say (usually to my husband)  "who's it from"?  I love the suspense!  Who' it from? What could it be?...
It was a CARD!  I was SOOO Happy! It was from one of my dearest, longtime friends Brianne.  She lives in Alberta, so I don't see her often!  I don't really need to.  OH how I love Brianne. She's is one of "those" friends. The type of friend, that you may not have spoken to for a while, but it doesn't matter....  When you do get the chance to catch up, it feels like you never spent a day apart.  Always there, at all the right times!  Friends like Brianne make life worth living! Her heartfelt card, TOTALLY turn my frown upside down in a total of....  30 seconds!  

It might be blurry... so let me recap: SHE ADORE'S ME!!  :)  Fancy that...I adore her!  
Not only is she an amazing friend, she plug my jewellery too! www.cheekysisters.com 

Fairweather friends will come and go.  Good friends are so few and far between, cherish them, tell them you love them...Maybe take 5 minutes out of your day, to write them a beautiful little note. :)

Thanks Bri!  Lots o' Love to my homegirl! 

Cheers Kids!  :)
Lisa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment