Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I have a ZEST for clean.

How do I get stain out of EVERYTHING?  Lemons!  Lemons, don't stop at stains either!  


Pure lemon juice, is as good as gold.... a trick my grandma taught me years ago.  I pretty much use lemon juice for "something" everyday! A few things I clean with lemons on a regular basis... 

Coffee stained pot:
2 drops of lemon juice, fill the pot with hot water and let sit for 2 minutes. 

White laundry:  
I don't use bleach. I squeeze 1-2 fresh lemons (depending on how big the lemons are, and how big your load of laundry is) directly into the hot water in the washing machine. If you have an HE washing machine, I put the lemon juice in the bleach tray!  

Counters: 
I mix 1/4 cup of Lemon juice with 1L of hot water in a spray bottle to disinfect my counters. ALL COUNTERS in the house. 

Greasy Dishes: 
1 drop of lemon juice in your dish water, and it's the best degreaser you have ever used! 

Clogged drain: 
Pure 2 tbsp. of baking soda down the drain, chase it with 1/2 cup of lemon juice.  It'll fizz and bubble like the volcano you made for the grade eight science fair.  FYI... This is not a "fix" all..you may need drano!  This only works for minor clogs. 

Smelly Foods: 
Cooking some fish, using lots of garlic, or maybe burning something can leave your house smelling...less than febreze fresh.  Peal a lemon, adding together in a pot, your peal & 1-2 cups of water, bring it to a boil. I boil it for about 5-10 minutes.  Your house will smell AMAZING!  (Optional: Add rosemary or a cinnamon stick to your concoction!) 

Facial scrub:
Mix lemon juice with sugar, and scrub! Don't scrub too hard, and stay away from the tender area around the eyes.  I don't use this facial scrub everyday, maybe only once a month.

Sanitizer: 
I sanitize my jewellery in lemon juice.  I don't leave it in the juice, very long.  I put my earrings in a bowl of juice for about a minute and then rinse in hot water.  

I have a million other things you can use lemons for....I'll make and post a list!  I'm sure i'll think of 20 more things by the end of the day! I LOVE lemons!     

Peace & Love
The Guacster xo




No comments:

Post a Comment