Friday, February 15, 2013

My 3 fav people are little people!

This is a bit of a longer post...BUT I promise it's a goody!  Good luck not smiling while you read... :) 



Ahhh my sisters kids. Talk about amazing little people! I hadn't seen them in a few weeks, which is pretty normal for this time of year, but sure as shit, I wasn't in the door two seconds before I told Luke I had missed him like crazy and stated the obvious that I hadn't seen him in sooo long. He was quick to respond "you haven't seen me since the day you picked me up from school sick." I told him he was right. He said "thank you" lol. So well mannered!
When Olivia got wind I was there for a visit, she couldn't tell me what she'd been doing to occupy her time over the last 3 weeks fast enough. She was tripping over words, calling me the wrong name (nanny, mommy, I mean...Tatante) every time she wanted my undivided attention.  She could have just said "Look at me while I'm talking" LOL. Like a bat out of hell, Isabelle comes tra-la-la-ing into the living room wearing her Christmas pj's. These kids are SO flippin cute, I was totally content to sit and let all three of them use me as their jungle gym, and I did.... BUT before you know it, it's bed time. I must of heard "I didn't say goodnight to nanny" 20 times, or "I didn't give you a kiss"  anything to delay bedtime... I must of gotten 20 kisses between them!  I looks to me like Shannon is wise to their games, and I'm sure she's only entertaining this, because I'm visiting!  Then...  Mommy lost patience.  It was hilarious!  As the one last kiss goodnight goes around the room one last time, It's now 7:45...  I hear mama bear yell out..  "ENOUGH.  All of you... TO BED".   3 little bodies scurry to get upstairs.  Olivia screams from the top of the stairs.. "Mommy..I mean Tatante, can you tuck me in?"....  Almost instantly and simultaneously, the other two yell.. "YEAH... tuck us in!" OF COURSE... Never will I say NO to cuddles, and tuck in's. When you're putting the kids to bed, is when I find they say the funniest shit!  

I started with the girls! Isabelle climbs into her bed, with her pony pillow, pony blanket, pony sheet set, unicorn, and Mini mouse, I couldn't help but ask.... "Do you like pony's Isabelle?" As serious as a heart attack, she looks at me with huge eyes..."I LOVE THEM." she didn't even crack a smile.  Shannon and I burst out laughing.  I hear Olivia behind me say..."she really likes pony's" little miss O is good at pointing out the obvious! Isabelle gets her kisses, and snuggles up to Unicorn (That his name) with a smile on her face, fully content to be hitting the hay.  She's a sleeper!   
On to Olivia, who usually gets into a bed full of stuffed animals, and about 20 blankets!  She wanted EVER single blanket put on her.  I ask her is she was trying to sweat out a fever? "Huh?" she said.  Never mind... I chuckled.  She did too, but I'm sure doesn't know why, lol.  I leaned in to give her a hug, when like a leech she stuck her nose in the crease of my neck. Sniffing me like a dog.  "YOU smell SO good Tatante. You smell like you did at your old house."  WEIRD! We moved a year and a half ago, and I had literally just found a box of body sprays, temporary lost in the move!  I hit her in the arm like I would Shannon (a full grown adult might I point out) "OH My GOD, Livi...  I haven't worn this perfume since I moved!".  I then realized I may of hurt her, luckily I didn't. Oops, sorry Olivia!  "You shouldn't hit Tatante, I love you, goodnight".  She's not wrong! I love when they turn the tables on me with the rules.  Shows me they're listening!  :) 
On to the boy...  His room is always a mess.  He's a boy.  I made a few comments about keeping it clean (I don't think he was listening) before I remembered I had a cute little dresser to get ride of.  It's Hulk green, made of plastic from Ikea.  So I offered it up.  The tense negotiations begin, they're quick.... Luke keeps his room clean, by storing his toys and "stuff" in the dresser, and I would give it to him, no charge!  He agreed... we"promised", I don't think he realizes, I will hold him to this promised! He then says out of nowhere... "Tatante, do you watch Coronations Street?".  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, of course I do! "Did you watch it today?" he said with the biggest smile. "NO, what happen? was it good?". "Oh man it was SO good today." He proceeded to tell me about how Kristy and Tyrone wedding turned out with the Fiz love triangle.  I was listening to him, but I couldn't help but think, about what a little man he is.  It's so cheesy...  but I remember the day he was born...and all the awesome things in between!  I NEVER would of thought, we would be talking Corrie gossip. As if that wasn't AWESOME ENOUGH... Shannon joined the conversations, and finally noticed I had dyed my hair a bit darker, lol. "Did you dye your hair?" I did, so I took it out of the pony tail it was in.  I had curled it the day before, so it was still wavy.  "You look like Ariel!" Luke said. OH MY GOD, Thank you!  "You just made my life" I said.  Luke is so handsome, he looks at his mom with the biggest smile and says "WELL, doesn't she!" I couldn't help it, I channelled my inner Ariel.  I opened my arms and let out..."AWWWW AWWW AWWW AWWWW AWWW AWW AWW AWWWW" I'm not sure if it was Luke or Shannon, but one of them said "You look like Ariel, you don't sound like Ariel". 

I left their house that night, like a girl with a crush.  They left me wanting more...I could just squeeze those kids! Kids really do say the darnedest things! I also think having a wicked mom helps!  :) 

We'll end there... :) Cause' I could go on FOREVER about these three...(I could go on like a parent.... lol)

Thanks for ready about my fav 3 people!...(4 fav people actually ;)  

Peace & Love, 
Lisa xo

4 comments:

  1. Olivia looks JUST like you Lisa. Very Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and precious!! They love their Tatante as much as she loves them!!! Great read Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting here reading and smiling with teary eyes... Very nice and yes they are awesome kiddos.
    Love them and my girls. xoxox

    ReplyDelete