Thursday, January 31, 2013

Can I wait in line to pay you please?

I treat myself once a week to Starbucks.  Daily is too expensive for this girl, and FAR too many calories! Every Wednesday, on my lunch break I go...  I usually have to wait for one or two people ahead of me, but today  there had to be 20 people in line!  In no way was I discouraged by the line out the door, so,  I join the masses.  And we wait...and we wait... 10 minutes later... I'd moved up one spot in line. WTF is going on? As I look from side to side, to see if the line is getting any shorter...even if I haven't moved an inch!   "Could I please wait in line, to pay for my over priced coffee?" I said out loud and loud enough knowing the woman in front and behind me, would hear!  The three of us giggled and the lady in front turned around to say "tell me about it"...conversation stops, END OF STORY.  We all go right back to waiting in a line, looking down at our smart phones!  Needless to say, another 10 minutes in line, and FINALLY I hit the cash and place my order.  BUT, seriously, having to wait line made me think. I "joke" about how crazy it seems to be paying for over priced coffee after waiting 20 minutes in line, but the lady in line agreed?  Why are we both still in line? What's my limit? ... Let me make something very clear I WON'T STOP GOING to Starbucks anytime soon... BUT what's my limit?  Here is what I do know.  I know I would: 

1) Wait 20 minutes in LINE alone + a cool 6 minutes for the barista to make my latte!    

2) Pay $9.47 for a Venti Skinny Vanilla Late and a Blueberry Oat bar. 

How much is too much for damn coffee?  And how long is too long to wait, to pay an exuberant amount for a my beloved latte? I really don't know....  I'll let you know when I reach it I guess!  The line just got me thinking.....  

On a side note: I had the pleasure of standing in line behind this purse.  I couldn't stop staring at it.  I'm not sure what I think.   
Northern Reflections?   

Cheers, 
Lisa xo

1 comment:

  1. I love their blueberry oat bars! But agreed. Their passion tea lemonade is fantastic, except that it's like $5 for watered down juice. Nevertheless, I still insist on ordering it ... or any other overpriced drink. I have come to the point where it is a treat to go now. ... plus the nearest one is over a half-hour away from my home which makes it easier ;)

    ReplyDelete